Upcoming Hero San Feng - sneak peek

Where did they say he got replaced by Franky? they are seperate characters that are related in the lore, I’m sure he will still release at some point, certain heroes with more interesting bold kits like Malene take longer to develop.

I think SEMC confirmed that Frankie will never be released, and since we don’t have lores anymore, we don’t know where he goes now.

If possible, could you cite that - I haven’t seen it personally

I can’t now, I don’t even remember where I read it.

They never said anything like that. If I remember correctly, when SV was asked that on one of the Dev streams, she made her answer vague but not certain.

Either Frankie was quickly changed from the gramps model to the youngin model since he was leaked really early.

Or

Like San Fengs old concept, Frankies kit was scrapped and is still in the concept phase.

Just like how Glaive was the only Grangor on the roster until now, the same might happen with Tony since hes the only Dwarf on the roster. We all know that SEMC likes to make a web of hero relations from roster. Ex. Phinn Melon and BF. Arden Vox and Celeste. Ylva and Yates. So on

1 Like

We discussed Frankie here

[Mod edit: fixed link to enable OneBox]

Guys…

He looks awesome visually and mechanically.

Definitely worth it for being the last hero that SugarVenom has supposedly worked on in terms of voicelines.

9 Likes

Wow, the effects on those abilities :heart_eyes: … Okay, now I’m interested in this guy …

Also: is the next release going to be 4.0?

4 Likes

Damn hell those effects are sweet.

Too bad the same doesnt apply to Magnus

He looks good , he fought kinetic , reim and baptiste , he was able to beat them but they didn’t show him against krul , so i think he is going to be the best gank hero next patch .

You can see the splash art here and the abilities in different language.

He looks decently fierce.

Seems a bit different from the twitter vid.

2 Likes

From one of the streamers, hes a counter-melee with phinn like aspects

Translation of the San Feng’s kit from the video (which is in Portuguese) gave me this.

Note - it’s google translated, so take it how you will.

• Heroic Perk: Iron Soul.

San Feng health is completely Fortified for 2s whenever he casts an ability.

• A ability: Tiger’s Bridge.

San Feng adopts a counter attack stance and his next basic attack launches him to his target, dealing bonus crystal damage. He is invulnerable during the wind up and is immune to CC during the fortification. If an enemy hero inflicts damage during this time, his basic attack becomes reinforced and stuns the target, dealing additional 150% of his bonus crystal power.

• B ability: Divine Fist.

San Feng accumulates Ki before unleashing a powerful explosion in front of him, dealing crystal damage.

• C ability: Master’s Lesson.

San Fen meditates, and draws in enemies within his proximity before unleashing a series of blows around himself that damages and stun enemies before knocking them away from him.

Break

Not what I expected, but he seems like a nice lane bruiser or jungler.

7 Likes

Oh, we just got this.

Essentially, it blocks CC during the fortification duration for this ability specifically it seems.

It also reflects negative effects during that window, which encompasses both abilities and items.

You can see this in CopyCat’s twitter vid post.

2 Likes

What the nuts is going on hahahaha?

1 Like

thanks for posting @Orikson, im excited!!!

It looks like Chainsaw did the splash art for him.

The full artwork. Screenshot from the Portuguese YouTube vid that showed San Feng off. This post is made for the convenience of readers basically.

Opinion.

• Very nice.
  • He looks like he can smack you with any part of his body and still kill you.
  • The eyes glowing yellow is a nice touch that ties with his overall yellow’ish graphics on his abilities and his Chi.
  • Shi Fun on steroids, lol.
2 Likes

I will say that i was right in my judgment and day i dont like It.

As I said…

Now, everyone’s loving him! I’m super excited myself! :heart_eyes: