1st game rank

screw that. the amount of times i need to carry a match for useless shits. I’ve NEVER been carried. anyway. if they feel cheated, they’ll report.

edit: this isn’t the first, nor the last. it’s very typical MM behavior . What game are you even playing? MM has always been SHIT and always will be.

Yep… first thing that caught my eye, too. Remember that “panic button”-meme posted by what’s-his-face during happier days?
I can so see him lunging for that same button during executive meetings now, to meek cries of: “Hide the fail. Hide! The! Fail!”

What really rubs me the wrong way is that obfuscation is obviously considered some form of solution over at SEMC.
Match-Making is still every bit as bad. We get paired up with the same clueless, toxic scrubs, sometimes multiple times in a row… and hiding that they never played a ranked match is the course of action? Like we can’t tell?

It’s fairly depressing. At least to me.

1 Like

Matchmaker definitely makes slip ups :confused: I feel like they should make it tighter at high tiers if not at low because people at high tiers are more likely to be more dedicated and less likely to just close the game after a minute of queueing.

Recently in my T9 ranked I was paired with a celeste who was unranked last season and SA silver this season. Enemy mid laner was a skaarf who is VG silver in 3v3 and bronze in 5v5. You can guess what happened. Can’t even blame the Celeste, it was just matchmaker screwing up.

1 Like

I mean people start at t4, you’re t4. He’s placed with you. I don’t see who else would he be matched with if not the rank he starts at. You can’t even blame the match maker that he’s boosted as he’s in the rank you begin at.

1 Like

Right, I pulled some data out of google again. It’s not exactly looking good… VG is at it’s lowest in the last 6 months, way below AoV (which I put in for comparison)

The only time in the last 12 months VG had more searches than AoV was during Worlds 2017…
If you look at the VG graph alone tho, you can see the average has dropped a lot since the 2nd spike compared to before the first, meaning interest in the game has dropped…

However, The AoV Popularity is very focused in Asia, Whereas VG is more worldwide:

As you can see, already the 5th country on the list massively prefers VG, While when I turned it around, there were 46 countries that exclusively searched VG.

There’s a lot more in that data I could talk about here, but I don’t want to make it too long. It should be said tho that this data is just google searches, and therefore should only be used to make an estimate of actual playerbase. I’ll try and look into gathering some other data (download count, average queue times, social media relevance) but I can’t promise I’ll get much from it.

1 Like

Yeah but you shouldn’t start at t4 in the first place. it doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

Fun fact I came across while researching this: Between March 2016 and March 2018, Cambodia (which is the country with the most Vainglory searches) had higher searches for VG than for LoL, at some points by quite a bit.

But you do and so does everyone else. It’s not match maker’s fault for matching you with your own tier.

“Finally, if you are being paired with people who are failing your skill tests, it’s because based on your win/loss history, the matchmaker doesn’t have enough information to distinguish you from them. The closer you are to the middle, the less sure the matchmaker can be about your true skill level. To change that, you have to win against opponents that are clearly better than your current skill tier and give the matchmaker information it can use to place you against better opponents in a future match

This has a special meaning in relation to this post.

I did win against POA and VG. It only adds 28 points. I understand your point, but for that to happen, I’ll likely be 80 years old at the rate of 1 decent game per year.

It is tier 4. The beginning tier. You don’t even have the right to expect good games. You need to just carry yourself out of there. If you’re relying on a streak of good games I don’t think you’ll ever leave it.

1 Like

who said i expected good games? i don’t expect anything. didn’t you read?
MM is just MM. there is nothing i can do about it.
in fact, I’m actually expecting afk’s and dodgers, without it, MM just wouldn’t be the same.

1 Like

This is what I meant. You can’t rely on normal games. Additionally you made this thread so you expected something else from your teammate. You need to adapt to climb out of there, not trust your team.

1 Like

you’re looking too deep into my soul. this post is simply a demonstration of MM at it’s finest.

I tried helping you. But ok I won’t. This doesn’t show any problem with match maker though. You’re both the same rank. Look up my previous post from yesterday and you’ll see what’s broken match maker.

1 Like

honestly, any tier 7 and up is all the same. there is no difference between 7 bronze and VG gold.

Thats a lie. Are you saying a t7 is as good as DNZio? Or Chuck? VG Silver and Gold are the only ones not boosted, they are truly good. And t7 is not even the same as 9 or 10.

How exactly did you come to that conclusion? If anything lower tiers are the ones that are all the same not the other way around. When getting an alt to VG the rank I see some difference is SA (minor) and Poa where people start having some idea about the game but they consider themselves gods and are way too cocky to be good most of the time. VG bronze isn’t much different than Poa gold but they’re better than Poa silver and bronze. VG silver and gold are good though. Overall don’t see your point.

2 Likes

it’s a test to see just how far you’re willing to push the subject.